Mold Making Technician
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Simulab a fun, growing south Seattle-based Company (Tukwila area) is looking for an experienced Mold Making Technician to support our engineering, product design and manufacturing groups.
Mold Making Technician - Job Description
This position has the potential to become team lead for the group and will focus on the design and manufacturing of silicone and urethane molds in our Tukwila, WA facility.
Specific duties include mold pattern preparation and inspection from stereo lithography, CNC, or other part manufacturing methods.
Candidate will also be required to maintain a supplies inventory by checking supplies to determine amount available, anticipate needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, and verifying receipt of supplies. The role will also perform tasks common to maintaining equipment and inventory
The candidate will report into Manufacturing and work closely with Management, Product Management, Product Development and Manufacturing Teams.
- 3+ years experience and knowledge in producing precision, high quality, prototype, and manufactured parts
- Mold design and manufacturing using silicone rubber, urethane, machined pins and other means to create tools that can produce prototype and production quality parts
- Requires a high degree of knowledge on machinery and equipment common to a model shop environment
- The candidate must have excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills. This individual will interact with management, designers, engineers, production, and other mold making technicians
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping and cast silicones/urethanes is a big plus
- Previous leadership experience a plus
The Mold Making Technician position at Simulab Corporation offers predictable hours, on-the-job training, professional growth through additional responsibilities, and a positive work environment with a competitive salary and benefits.